ParkMobile is looking for an API Software Engineer to join our growing team! In this role, the engineer will be responsible in helping change the current state of APIs into a new enterprise vision and standards. He/She will also be working closely with other teams to understand the current state of APIs and understand their deep interactions between the different Software solutions. The engineer will provide visibility into the translation and arrangement of current state projects into the new enterprise vision and standards to all of the stakeholders, including application teams, project managers, financial department, etc.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills and have ability to translate complex solutions into easy to understand concepts depending on the audience.
- Create/develop orchestrations, schemas, maps, assemblies and libraries for internal and external system connections for APIs; Monitor and troubleshoot messages, instances, and services
- Create and maintain design and process flow documents to support the full software development lifecycle
- Develop, publish, and manage frontend and backend APIs including excellent documentation of APIs using API management tools; assist in developing and improving procedures, standards, and best practices
- Work closely with business partners, architect and technical groups to review, design, and implement requirements and strategy; provide estimates for development effort
- Participate and provide potential solutions as part of production go-live warranty support period and production support of systems during regular and off-hours
- Follow established configuration/change control processes
- Identify options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Work closely with peers, stakeholders and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Plan for and work flexibly to deadlines
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Software Engineer
- Expert skills to develop back and frontend APIs
- Excellent development skills using Java Script, XPath, XSLT, React, Node JS and AJAX
- Knowledge with C#, .Net, IIS to develop backend and frontend APIs
- Strong REST/SOAP API development skills
- Good API management tool knowledge and Node.js development skills
- Excellent Micro Services development skills
- Strong caching framework implementation experience
- Solid experience with SQL and scripting (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in financial services industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or other related fields of study or equivalent work experience
We value our employees’ and are committed to their success. We are located in Midtown Atlanta near MARTA, a multitude of restaurants and within walking distance of the GA Tech Innovation Center. We offer competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, Company paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K match and company paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance. We strive to maintain a positive and fun environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company.
ParkMobile, LLC is the leading provider of smart parking and mobility solutions in North America, helping millions of people easily find and pay for parking on their mobile device. The company’s technology is used in over 3000 locations across the country, including 7 of the top 10 cities as well as college campuses, airports and stadiums. People can use ParkMobile solutions to quickly pay for on-street and garage parking without having to use a meter or kiosk. Additionally, ParkMobile offers parking reservations at stadium venues for concerts and sporting events. Reservations are also available in metro areas, allowing people to drive into the city without having to worry about finding parking. ParkMobile was recently named by Deloitte as a Technology Fast 500 winner, recognizing the fastest growing technology companies in North America. For more information, visit parkmobile.io or @ParkMobile on Twitter.